Everyone has a unique perspective, talents and skills. When you share your ideas, gifts and expertise, you foster positive effects in your community and create a new dimension in your life and the lives you touch.
WDO is grateful to all the big-hearted volunteers—individuals of all ages and backgrounds— who give generously of themselves to make a difference by changing lives through dance.
We thank our loyal volunteers and wheelchair dancers who participate in our dance programs throughout the year. There is always a need for more wheelchair users and volunteers who partner with them. No experience is necessary. Our professional dance instructor teaches the dance styles to everyone.
This is a partial list of the areas where WDO often needs volunteer help:
- Dance Partners and Wheelchair Users (Manual and Motorized)
- Qualified Adaptive Dance Instructors
- Administrative/Technical (assist with website, newsletter, social media and other tasks)
- Photographer and Videographer
- Media Outreach
- Costume Design
- Internships in Marketing, Public Relations, Sponsorship
- Annual Event Chair Positions: Marketing, Sponsorship, Silent Auction, Volunteers, Decorations
For more information about how to volunteer, please contact us.